Friday, April 3, 2009

What To Do Today!

Good Foundation, 2009, Oil on Birch Panel, 8x19

I have much to do today people!

1. Finish up the "spare" painting that I had done for the show, but never showed to the gallery. Now though, they have sold one painting already and need another one to hang in their front window. I sent jpegs of several larger sized paintings that I have on hand, but you know they'll choose the one that isn't quite finished, right?

2. Clean the entire house! We have a sitter coming to stay with the kids overnight while Doug and I go to the opening and I don't want her to run shrieking from the house if she happens to stumble upon what is currently happening in the kids bathroom. Heh. Also, some friends of ours are coming with us and we all decided to make it an overnight trip. They are leaving their two kids with our four and my hope is that if the house starts out somewhat clean, it won't be a horrible mess by Sunday, right?

3. I have to make a dessert for my daughter's swim team party this evening. Oatmeal Caramelitas; an oatmeal and brown sugar crust, sprinkled with chocolate chips and drizzled with caramel, then with more of the oatmeal mixture on top. Easy, right?

4. I have to run into town to make a (very small) bank deposit. And while I am there, I may as well stop at the grocery store and stock up on some things for the kids this weekend, right?

5. I have to rummage through my closet and find something nice to wear, something that actually fits AND makes me look awesome somehow. Black always does that, right?

6. Clean out the car so our friends don't think we are slobs. Although I could always blame the kids for the banana peels and empty juice boxes that have been under the seats forever, right?

7. Drive into town AGAIN at 4pm to talk to the Girls on the Run organizer about Ginger. I lost her forms and while she opened the letter and supposedly gave them to me, I don't specifically recall her doing that and it would be wrong to blame a 9 year old for missing paperwork, right?

8. Drive BACK into town (this is a three trips into town day) Go to my other daughter's swim team end of the season swim party at 6pm. Lots of food, kids, friends, should be fun, right?

9. Get the overnight bag out and start packing. Put the bag back and get out the small overnight suitcase. A girl should be prepared with many different clothing and shoe options for an overnight trip even if her husband will make endless fun of her, right?

10. There are about a hundred other things I could add here to make an even ten, but I am too overwhelmed to choose just one and today's clock is ticking. I suspect that I may bail on more than a few things here on this list today, but the world will continue to rotate, right?

See you all on Monday! And yes, there will be pictures and surely at least one story about something dopey that I did at the opening. Heh.

PS. All of the work in the show can now be seen here.

15 comments:

M.A.H. said...

Have a great time!!!!!!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh WOOHOO, can't wait to see!

Robyn Sinclair said...

Break a leg, as they say in the theatre. In gallery opening terms it means Have a Sell Out Show!

Shanster said...

Have a GREAT overnight and I got tired reading your to do list! yowza woman!

Annie said...

Whow! This is a great blog with great works! I admire.
Greetings of a newcomer in art (drawing), from Belgium!

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

Right!!!
Have a great time!

Deborah Paris said...

Congrats on the sale and best wishes for a great opening!

Travveller said...

There's no one busier than a working mom!

Congrats on having sold one already! I wish I were close enough to attend the show.

CMC said...

Have a wonderful time and relax while you're there. That show is awesome.

kim denise said...

Whew! Hope it all went well. Congrats on the sale--I hope there were many more. It's a beautiful show. Looking forward to an update with photos!

patty a. said...

Congratulations on the sale and better yet get to hang another piece to replace it. I hope you take some pictures of the show. The pieced posted on the gallery website are awsome!

r garriott said...

Oh boy...sounds like a typical day!!! Hope the opening went great. Love your work!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Kinda behind in responding here, but thanks everyone for all your good wishes! Much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

haha u have a difficult day ahead of you... Have fun!

Anonymous said...

haha u have a difficult day ahead of you... Have fun!