Monday, March 16, 2009

More Panel Prep

Often Repaired, 2009, Oil on Birch Panel, 6x12

Well, I was planning to get back to my usual chatty posts, today, however I ended up being out all day due to several meetings. And tomorrow I will be going to Syracuse for Ginger's 3 month check up at the diabetes clinic. She is doing well, although Doug and I are exhausted after finally realizing that chasing the right blood sugar number every day, every hour is a never ending race.

Today I am posting a photo of the 40x60 panel that I am in the middle of prepping. So lovely to be able to do this in my roomy new studio! I always had to spend a day moving everything around in the old studio in order to have enough space for a panel this size. This will be the last painting for the show, although I do still have two other larger paintings that are in progress right now. So close!

Now if I could only figure out what the heck to paint on the thing!


I'll be back on Wednesday with a good long post, 'k?

4 comments:

patty a. said...

Love today's painting; love Friday's painting; in fact all the paintings for the past weeks have been wonderful! I would love to see the paintings hung in the show setting. I just know it will be spectacular!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Hi Tracy, You encouraged me to show my studio (s). I think yours is awesome. Good luck with your upcoming show. I know you'll have a great reception!

Anonymous said...

Chickens. Paint chickens.

Jeliza Patterson said...

I am really liking the 6x12 paintings; the panoramic format really gives such a sense of *expanse* to the landscape, even when the foreground object mostly fills it.