Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sellout

Dusky Field, 2008, Oil on Panel, 5x7

On Sunday I was very happy to see that there was a new post on SELLOUT. It had had a good run earlier this year then sadly went into remission. I left it on my bloglines (I am lazy) and so when a new post came up I saw it right away and I zipped right on over.

The posts have so far revolved around the current economy and how the credit issues are affecting artists and especially emerging artists. Hope you go check it out, there hasn't been too much discussion out there yet about this topic on the artblogs yet (at least not that I have come across).

2 comments:

sarahfburns said...

Love the SNL skit on Sellout. Don't buy stuff you can't afford. I'll have to get the book.

Tracy Helgeson said...

haha. snl skit, that's good.

Yeah, a big challenge, it's true. I have gotten better at not buying stuff I can't afford, (well except for the furniture I ordered right before the economy crap hit the fan, oops) but I am not good at scrimping when I need supplies etc.