Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Trying!

Tree on Yellow, 2008, oil on Panel, 6x6

Well, I am trying to get some painting done, but now that I am all into it, things keep coming up to keep me out of the studio!

Today I had to drive to Saratoga Springs to retrieve my work from Gallery 100. They have been fabulous to work with over the last several years and I will miss Deb (the owner) and Nancy (the director). Even though I am sad that the commercial gallery space is closing, I am happy that Deb (the owner) is so enthusiastic about her new direction. And I am sure we will continue our association. You can read more about all of this here.

And this afternoon I must take my daughter to soccer practice, then make dinner, then more work on the taxes. So no time for painting today.

I might be able to work tomorrow, after I pay the household bills in the morning, but then will miss a good part of the day on Friday because of the all important six week hair appointment.

The weekend is totally booked with all kinds of family activities, including our local Pumpkinfest which I wrote about last year and since it's pretty much the same each year, I'll just link to last year's post. Maybe I'll get some time in next week. Although I imagine something else might come up to keep me from the studio on Monday....

However, something good, like winning the lottery would be acceptable. heh.

3 comments:

Kari Gibson said...

I know, I find it so frustratinly difficult to get a good block of time to work solidly too.

It is a conspiracy I think!

Loving this lone tree and enjoy the pumpkin fest - that sounds like a lot of fun.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

buy a ticket, win, then visit here and buy a house load of pottery!

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

oh girl that sound like my house, just when i think i have time to do art, somebody needs something.... grrr...