Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's My Obsession

Pay It Forward Images, 2007, Oil on Panel, each are 4"x6"

Mixed in with the last batch of work I did before I got sick several weeks ago, were the paintings for the Pay It Forward project. I figured I better get them done right away otherwise I'd be freaking out trying to get them out next year at this time! Of course it may take me that long to get it together to get them shipped out anyway.

I decided to go with one of the images that I have been obsessing about for the last few years-one that I have now painted in nearly every size, from 48"x60" to 4"x6". I am very happy with how these turned out, and now I have all kinds of ideas about what to do next with this image.

My obsession is not over yet.

8 comments:

Angela Wales Rockett said...

ooooh! I can't wait!

Christine DeCamp said...

I loved going back & looking at all the versions you have done of this image--they were all beautiful.
Christine
http://passionforpainting.blogspot.com

Lisa Call said...

Woo hoo! I'm most looking forward to mine.

I've got this task on my list of things to do after my kids head off to Spain. I haven't decided what to make yet... Maybe fruit salad - or does that not fit the rules - might be hard to ship.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

wow! simply gorgeous.... sigh.....too bad I am not one of the recipients.... off to sulk I go....

Steppen Wolf said...

Great picture!! Loved the breakup into three panels.

jamieson5 said...

Love the paintings. They look fabulous as a triptych.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

I love these. I can see where the obsession is coming from. Lucky people!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Well, don't hold your breath, Angela, I am terrible about getting things shipped out!

Thanks Christine, it's been interesting to explore such a simple image.

Lisa, fruit salad! Good luck shipping that....

Thanks Natalya and sorry....

Thanks Sunil, Shari and Bridgette, I am definitely thinking more about larger triptychs now.