Monday, December 10, 2007

Cracked Ice

Road to Nowhere, 2007, Oil on Panel, 12x16

A lovely cozy day around the house today. We had an ice storm last night, so no school for the kids. Everyone is working on various projects and Doug and I are even getting some work done. It's incredibly beautiful outside, but treacherous too. I went out to tend the chickens and as I slid across the road and over the snow it cracked under my feet like ice on a lake. Our pathetic little sledding hill has transformed into a major speedway and we have had at least one (minor) injury there today.

I suppose someone should go out and shovel or something but sitting by the fireplace is just too perfect today and so we will just hope the temperature will go up just enough to make slush by tomorrow. Don't have to feel guilty about a driveway full of slush.

4 comments:

Stephen Magsig said...

Tracy, I love this one.
Hope that you don't mind, but I've tagged you.
See my blog for more info. All my best,
Stephen

Maddy said...

I think I'd be tempted to snuggle up inside too.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Unknown said...

Tracy,

It's the same in northern Illinois today. Rain, sleet, ice, all at the same time. My afternoon meeting was canceled due to this.

That made me happy except, as usual, I was having a GREAT hair day today and now my laundry and dog are the only ones to enjoy it.

Enjoy your "in house" day.

Kesha Bruce said...

I haven't left the house for 49 hours now. Winter weather is perfect painting weather though.

I say leave the slush and curl up my the fire!