Thursday, November 1, 2007

The One With All the Plugs

Quiet Country Intersection, 2007, Oil on Birch Panel, 12x24

Just a short hello and goodbye today. I have 97,693 things to do today before Doug and I leave for New York City tomorrow morning. And those things are a bit difficult because of the sugar coma I am currently suffering from. The kids really raked in the candy last night, which means Doug and I had ourselves a little candy party today after they left for school. We never learn.

Anyway, I am totally looking forward to our weekend in the city and have arranged to meet up with Mary and her husband for dinner on Friday. Saturday night is the opening for The Blogger Show, (at Agni Gallery, 170 East 2nd Street, Storefront #3, 6-9pm) and meeting the other bloggers in the show will surely be a lot of fun. Also, I hope that anybody out there who lives nearby will come to the opening and say hi to me.

And please, to anyone of the bloggers who are in town, or to readers who are coming in for the opening, please feel free to stop by Doug's showroom at 51 Wooster (oops and don't forget about my gallery, a few doors down, Multiple Impressions). We will be in and out of the store on Friday and Saturday, but if you miss us you can talk to Javier about the fossils that are on display. They are pretty amazing and worth a trip to Soho. In my completely unbiased opinion, of course. Heh.

I'll be back here on Monday, with a very wordy review of the weekend, I am sure.

6 comments:

Lisa Call said...

Have fun - wish I were joining you but airfares weren't in my price range.

Looking forward to hearing the review of the show.

Shawn McCann said...

Hope you have a blast in NYC. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

Have a great time! Although I don't live too far away, unfortunately can't be there, and I really would have liked too...

gary rith said...

This is a rather fantastic painting, a slightly different subject for you, I think.
Listen, I lived on Wooster St once long ago, wish I was visiting there this week with you.

Making A Mark said...

So where are you? Been eating too much candy in New York i'll be bound! ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing all about The Blogger Show - it sounds so interesting.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Lisa, sure did miss you!

Thanks Shawn and Natalya, it was much fun!

Gary, I occasionally try a piece with a sign, but generally they don't work out too well. I love signs and especially crappy old billboards and would like to pursue those images someday.

Katherine, your comment and my post crossed paths!