Monday, September 10, 2007

Upcoming Travel

Patterson Road Barn, 2007, Oil on Panel, 16x20

Besides trying to get back into the painting groove (I have been partially successful; I have done some really nice underpaintings, but have yet to break out the color, always the most challenging part) I have been making what seems like a million travel plans. Well, it's only three, but still.

I don't hate traveling, but it's not something I love either. I like it best when it's rare, a short trip, and when the place I am staying at is more comfortable than my own home. Heh. Actually I am not really joking there, I am very finicky about where I stay. So sue me.

Anyway, I have decided to go to Atlanta to attend the opening reception of "Six of One," a group exhibition to introduce six new artists at Twinhouse Gallery. I don't really have to go, and they don't expect me to be there, but it's a new gallery for me and so I have decided that I should go. Unfortunately, Doug will not be able to go with me to this one. I think this will be the first time that he hasn't accompanied me to an opening where I am showing work. Hopefully, I won't do anything more embarrassing than usual without him next to me.

Next up is a day or two in New York City for the Blogger Show opening at Agni Gallery. Obviously, I am totally looking forward to this opening, to finally have the chance to meet fellow bloggers and to see their work in person as well. Of course that could be a bit risky and I am especially concerned that anyone I meet who reads this blog will realize how utterly boring, silly and middle aged I actually am in real life. Although I suspect my secret may already be out, hehe.

And I just made the flight arrangements for Doug and I to go to Pittsburgh for the solo show opening reception at Boxheart Gallery on November 17. I have had this one on my schedule for almost 3 years (no exaggeration) and it's hard to believe that it's actually almost here. I am also looking forward to meeting up with a few fellow artists while there, including Susan Constanse and John Morris of Digging Pitt Gallery that I have corresponded with via our blogs and email.

The other portion of The Blogger Show, to be held at Digging Pitt Gallery in Pittsburgh, will have an opening reception on December 8. I will have a piece in that show, however I don't know yet if I will be able to go to that opening. I would like to, but I have to wait until it gets a bit closer to see how my studio time is going. I have a solo show in January and things could be a bit hairy in early December if I am still finishing up the work for that.

I am looking forward to these events, yet am also feeling a bit tired in advance.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just awesome for you. Uncle Jim and myself, we are just so proud of you! Enjoy your trips, be safe!
P.S. LOVE YOUR HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aunt Shirley

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Shirley. And you should come and see our home in person!