Friday, March 2, 2007

Cleaning Day

A few of the eleven underpaintings patiently waiting for color.

No real post today. We had an ice storm and school was canceled, even though the storm ended up being not as bad as predicted.

The satellite for the computer has been down all day, which meant I had to do something besides wasting half the day at the computer. So it seemed like a good time to clean out my dresser drawers. Which led to dusting the baseboards and vacuuming under the bed and the other furniture. Which then led to reorganizing the storage space behind the knee wall (so I could fit more crap into it) and cleaning out the closet space and sorting through my clothes. The real treat was cleaning our bathroom, cabinets and all. Woo-hoo.

This is the kind of stuff I used to keep up with before Doug bought me a shiny new computer last year and I found art blogs.

6 comments:

tlwest said...

too funny! One thing leads to another I know how that goes! Soon you will have new furniture etc...

Lisa Call said...

An artist's life is glamorous.

Making A Mark said...

Oh - I know the feeling so well! Housework is what I did BEFORE blogging. Well I wasn't too fond of it even then but at least I did a bit more than I do now. Mind you I have discovered that it is possible to break tasks down into chunks which get done every time you get up to make yourself yet another hot drink e.g. sort laundry (trip 1), put laundry in (trip 2) take laundry out and hang up to dry (trip 3).

Tracy Helgeson said...

Terri, trust me, I was thinking how I needed more bookshelves the entire time. I have stacks of books and the shelves we do have are full.

Lisa, and to add to the glamor, today I plan to clean the oven and range hood, which is greasy AND dusty. Can't wait.

Katherine, you sound very mature and sensible. I used to be but the net messes me up:)

meno said...

Cleaning can really suck you in. That's why i never start. :)

Unknown said...

oooh lordy...Know exactly what you mean. I'm supposed to be packing for a trip today. But since I got my new Mac laptop a couple of weeks ago..it follows me! I can log on anytime, anywhere.

Aargh. Packing is not as much fun as the trip!