Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just in case you wondered...



Light Upstairs, 2006, Oil on Panel, 12x12










...I am a greedy artist desperate for exposure and attention and potential sales despite how difficult it makes my life and how burned out I nearly am.

Today the gallery director from Anderson-Soule (see side bar for link) called me and asked if I would be interested in participating in a show that she would be organizing for the main floor of a new office building in Concord, NH. It is to be a barn show, featuring three artists and she wanted 8-10 pieces, by the first week of October. I said yes, because it sounds like a neat project and I am very pleased and flattered to be invited to be involved in it.

Good-bye knitting, reorganizing the linen closet, reading all day, home made Halloween costumes, rearranging my studio, sorting through the kid's clothing, lunch with a friend, sitting on the porch, catching up on new music videos and anything else I had planned to do in the next few weeks.

Six weeks actually, because as soon as those pieces are finished I have to prepare for a show in November, early November. I am such a moron.

8 comments:

Kris Shanks said...

This underpainting is stunning. I love your sense of color, but these monochrome underpaintings have a life of their own.

James Wolanin said...

You'll get the work done Tracy!

Wow, I really like that painting!

r. chunn said...

Sounds like you need an assistant. Good luck on the show.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks, Kris, I really love doing the under paintings and am glad it shows.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks James, for the encouragement. I may have to rethink posting at night, I am usually very tired and pessimistic-this morning I am all energetic and ready to get all of this done!

R.Chunn, Sorry, don't know your first name! I wish I had an assistant! I may have my son help me out with paperwork and that sort of thing next summer, but for now it's just me.

I am really intrigued by your work, by the way. It reminds me of Morandi, but in technicolor. That's a total compliment in case it doesn't sound like one:-)

meno said...

You may be a moron, but you are a successful moron! :)
Who makes beautiful art, which i see as the main problem, if your art were bad, you could get more rest.
This all sounds very exciting.

Anonymous said...

You're on a roll, Tracy! Fantastic! Maybe you can hibernate a bit this winter...

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Meno and Ann for the lovely compliments. I realize that it sounded as if I were complaining, but I was just worried that I had said I could do more than I actually can. Really, I know all of this is GOOD! And I am very happy about it, maybe just a little more so in the mornings when I have more optimism.

And I totally plan to hibernate and do some experimenting in January and February!