Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mmmmmm...






The lilacs outside my studio window.


















We have had some problems today with the satellite, which provides our internet service. It seems to keep moving and then we lose the signal. So Doug has climbed up there twice today (which I hate, because we do not have enough insurance) to readjust it and now it's working ok, it seems.

On Wednesday I will post a few photos of our gardens, which is basically all we have been working on for the last four days. I did get back to work in my studio today, but I was constantly distracted by the dreamy aroma of the lilac bush that is right outside of my studio window and is in full bloom right this very minute.

PS. Omega, #5 is the one.

3 comments:

Lisa Hunter said...

Wow. You have your own little Giverny there. I'm jealous -- my "garden" is a window box.

Jeffrey Hayes said...

Lovely. The previous owner of our house was one hell of a gardener, and she build up a luscious landscape. Since neither of us have the time nor inclination to garden ("what are those green things, again?"), we're pretty much letting it go native. I figure we have another year before the choking vines and weeds have reclaimed the stone terraces. But... I have nothing but admiration and a little envy for people with the stamina and know-how to make their gardens grow.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks, Lisa and Jeff. I love a nice garden but am not as fond of the work required to have one!. More about that in Wednesday's post!