Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Favorite Red Barn





Barn on Route 10, 2006, Oil on Panel, 12x16





After yesterday's lengthy post (sure can prattle on, can't I?), I have to keep it short today. As of Friday, the kids will be home for one whole week and a day, ten days total, or to be more precise, 256 hours and 23 minutes. There are a number of things that I need to get done before our calm and peaceful work days are shattered by arguing, tattling, uncontrollable clutter and projects, not to mention possible physical pain (mine, not theirs, though you never know). We may all go down to the city for a few days to break things up, but I am exhausted just thinking about having to maneuver four kids around the city, as well as how much we'd have to deduct from their college funds to do that.

Anyway, today's image is a relatively (for me) realistic painting of a barn about halfway between our home and Saratoga Springs. I wish it were mine. It's a beautiful, strong barn, with clean lines and painted the most perfect shade of barn red. In fact, I have painted this barn several times and haven't had the heart to paint it a color other than red, which is pretty unusual for me, not to change the color. But I have started a new batch of paintings, one of them being yet another view of this barn, and this time I am determined to go with tangerine or lavender or maybe lime green.

Certainly this is a very important issue, so as soon as I make a decision about the color I will let everyone know. heh. Unless of course, my children have driven me stark raving mad, in which case I probably wouldn't have access to a computer at the nice little facility that I may be checking into by next week.

No comments: