Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New Representation





Hillside Landscape with Trees, 2006, Oil on Panel, 18x24



Everything has been finalized so I can now talk about my new gallery. I had sent my info to The Harrison Gallery in Williamstown, MA about a year ago. Didn't hear back and forgot about it as I got busier with various shows. Around the holidays, out of the blue, I received a letter in the mail (how retro!) from them asking me to come in and show them some paintings. I took in about eight pieces (a pretty kick-ass group, if I do say so myself) and they seemed pretty excited about my work. The director called me about a week later and said they wanted to work with me. They also sent a beautifully printed gallery book that includes images by each of their artists. I love the work of the artists they represent and I hope I can fit in! So now I am trying to put together about ten paintings that are, you know, like really, super-duper good.

Williamstown is a perfect New England town located in the Berkshires. When I got home I looked at realtor.com to see just what kind of real estate is available there! I am a die hard real estate browser. Williams College is located there and MASS MoCA is in nearby North Adams. There are perfect, huge houses and the landscape is beautiful.

Anyway, the first painting is one that I just finished and it will probably be included in the group that I send to the gallery. Today and tomorrow I plan to spend all day working on several pieces that will hopefully "turn out".

Deep Purple is one that was included in the kick-ass group. The director particularly liked it so I will be sending them this one too.



Deep Purple, 2006, Oil on Panel, 24x36

1 comment:

Roland said...

This can't truly have success, I feel this way.
genie bra | flex seal reviews | rip 60 reviews